BLSS Shuffle Bus
- The Shuffle bus runs on rotation all day from 9am to 4:30pm there is no set time table
- The Shuffle bus stop is located in the lower carpark on the right hand side of the road there is a shelter we collect from this point
- The lower car park is accessible to all cars
- The Shuffle bus transports up and down Jacobs Ladder
- The top car park drop off point is the collection point
- The Shuffle bus arrives at the top carpark, next to the boardwalk that goes up to the Ben Lomond Snow Sports building equipment hire, cafe and retail under the one roof.
- Payment can be made in cash or EFTPOS
- The journey is 7kms one way
- BLSS is located on the mountain 24/7
- Please wait at the shuffle bus sign and container expected wait time is up to 25mins on busy days please follow directions below if required
- The Shuffle Bus Stop has a sign with the landline number on it, if there is not a bus there please call us on landline 6390 6185 and we will come straight down to collect you.
- Shuffle Bus return transport cost: $20 per person $60 for a family of four (2 Adults & 2 Children under 16)
Please purchase a parks pass if your catching the shuffle bus Make sure you get your Parks Pass online here if you have not already done so.
If you choose not to catch the Shuffle bus it is a Parks and Wildlife Service (PWS) regulation that if you are not catching the Shuffle Bus, you MUST CARRY CHAINS and fit them if directed. This regulation is for both 2WD and 4WD vehicles. Please adhere to all signage to ensure the saftey of all road users.
Getting to Ben Lomond Mountain
The Ben Lomond Snow Fields are reached via the C401 Road from Launceston. The trip takes about 1 hour 20 minutes travel time from Launceston or 3.5 hours from Hobart via the Midlands Heritage Highway.
If you are using Google Maps or Satnavs, put in Upper Blessington and turn off onto Ben Lomond Road where the Ben Lomond signs indicate.
The turn off co-ordinates are -41.478216, 147.534700.
The Ben Lomond Snow Fields are located 18 kilometres up from the bitumen main road turnoff. The last seven kilometres of the road are subject to ice and snow.
The Ben Lomond Snow Sports Shuffle Bus Stop is located 11km from the main bitumen road (c401) turnoff
Chains cannot be hired on the mountain. If you do not have chains, please catch our Shuffle bus.
Fuel is not available on the mountain.
Free car parking facilities are available at the BLSS Shuffle Bus stop and there is limited parking at the top.